Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Rooms at the top

I'm snowed in today, and have a good deal of shoveling to do, so this morning only sees a lazy list post. I recommeded the movie Room at the Top last May, and would have thought about doing a full-length post on the movie today if I hadn't already done so. That's because TCM has it on the schedule for 5:15 AM ET tomorrow.

There are other rooms at the top of buildings, however, and another one features in a movie TCM is showing: The Diary of Anne Frank, which comes up at 8:00 PM tonight. An attic also plays a pretty important part in Gaslight.

One more that I've recommended in the past is Baby Face, which shares with Room at the Top the idea that once you get to the top, it's not all that it's cracked up to be.

I also saw the movie Penthouse (nothing to do with dirty magazines) the last time it aired on TCM, but I have to admit that it's one of those movies I don't remember too well.

What's your favorite attic or rooftop movie?

No comments: