Saturday, March 29, 2014

Free Radicals

Overnight tonight is TCM Underground as nomrally scheduled. This week sees a documentary called Free Radicals: A History of Experimental Film at 2:00 AM. I haven't seen this one before, althogh I did mention it briefly last November since it was part of the lineup at the end of Daylight Savings Time, along with the schedule problems that always brings. Following the documentary is a series of shorts which are also experimental films. I didn't get to see any of them last November, but a look at the November 2011 schedules reveals that the shorts aired back then are the same ones that are going to be airing overnight tonight. The only thing I'm not certain of is whether they'll be in the same order.

Not having seen any of these experimental shorts before, I'm going to have to leave you with a different one: Mechanical Principles, from 1930

No comments: