Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Not part of the Mickey Rooney tribute

TCM hsa been running that TCM Remembers Mickey Rooney piece several times, with a note at the end saying there will be a 24-hour salute to Rooney on Sunday starting at 6:00 AM. Technically it's a 25-hour salute since the last movie, A Midsummer Night's Dream, goes from 4:30 AM Monday to 7:00 AM, but that's beside the point.

In the post I wrote on Rooney on Monday, I mentioned Hide-Out, since it's a movie with Rooney in the cast that I really like. That's not going to be part of the tribute, but that might be in part because it was already on the schedule, for 12:45 PM tomorrow, April 10.

I think there's one other Mickey Rooney movie airing on TCM between now and the start of the Sunday tribute: The Courtship of Andy Hardy, at 4:00 PM Saturday. The brief summary at TCM says this one has Rooney's Andy Hardy falling in love with Donna Reed, who is playing a character whose parents are getting divorced -- and the divorce is being handled by Judge Hardy! I haven't seen this one, but then, I don't go out of my way to seek out the Andy Hardy movies.

1 comment:

Tom said...

I'd like to purchase the box set of Andy Hardy films, but they're kinda price right now so hopefully they'll come down in price one day.

It's a shame that Rooney never sat down to do some commentaries to his films. So many memories that could have been preserved for posterity. Now gone.