Wednesday, September 2, 2015

FXM Retro trundles on

I probably should have mentioned it, but I forgot about it until I woke up at 4:30 AM this morning, that FXM Retro was running The Purple Heart this morning at 6:00 AM. It's an interesting docudrama about the Doolittle raid on Tokyo and a bomber crew that winds up being tried for war crimes starring a young Dana Andrews among others.

The more noteworthy thing, however, is that it showed up on the FXM Retro schedule for the first time since I don't know when. I don't think I even saw it in any of the Memorial Day tributes that the channel ran back when it was still the Fox Movie Channel. The fact that FXM is still bringing stuff out of the vault for the Retro block implies that it's still going to continue until... well, who knows when?

The Purple Heart isn't the only thing they're pulling out of the vaults; there's another one coming up over the weekend that I'll be blogging about.

No comments: