Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Coming up soon on the blog

I'm happy to see that two of the movies I watched over the weekend off of my DVR are available on DVD at the TCM Shop, which clearly implies that they're in print, so I'll be able to get to a full-length post on each of them sometime in the next few days.

Today's plan was to do a full-length post on one of the Joe E. Brown movies showing up on tomorrow's schedule. But it turns out that Eleven Men and a Girl, which kicks off the morning at 6:30 AM, was the subject of a post six years ago when TCM ran another Joe E. Brown birthday salute.

And then there's Broadminded (10:45 AM tomorrow), which was also a part of a salute that I didn't get to write about, the next year I think, since I had a problem with my modem at the time. However, I got to write about it in November 2014 as part of a different salute to Brown. TCM probably likes him in part because he was working at Warner Bros. back in the day so they have relatively easy access to a lot of his movies.

I'm kind of looking forward to Sally at 7:45 AM, which apparently has a two-strip Technicolor musical number and Joe E. Brown dancing to "Look for the Silver Lining" (and according to IMDb, singing it as well).

No comments: