Sunday, November 6, 2016

TCM's transition continues

So I hadn't heard anything about a guest host for TCM for November. I also hadn't heard anything about Robert Osborne returning. So I made a point of watching TCM live last night, to watch the outro for Coal Miner's Daughter.

And there was Ben Mankiewicz, doing the outro. Apparently he's going to be on five nights a week this month, since Alec Baldwin will be handing the hosting duties for the TCM Spotlight on Mondays and Wednesdays. If I had to guess, Robert Osborne will finally take his well-deserved retirement at some point, and Ben will become the official TCM host, not just the de facto head host he currently is. I'd guess in that case, they'd probably put Tiffany Vasquez on Sunday afternoons as well. And maybe Osborne will get healthy enough to make it back to another TCM Film Festival or two. After all, he's going to be 85 next spring.

No comments: