Friday, November 18, 2016

The Academy has a Youtube channel

I don't know if I've posted to any videos from the channel, but apparently, AMPAS, the folks behind the Oscars, have a Youtube channel dedicated to the Oscars.

I ran across it this morning. Recently, I watched The Bespoke Overcoat, having DVRed it last week when it was on TCM. I was curious to see if it was available on DVD (apparently not) or even on Youtube (unsurprisingly not). I think I've read the Gogol short story on which the short film is loosely based. I say loosely based because I didn't recognize the story. Then again, I may be mixing it up with Gogol's "Nevsky Prospekt"; I'm not the biggest fan of Gogol's work.

Anyhow, when I was looking on Youtube, what I found was the Academy Awards presentation for short subjects the year The Bespoke Overcoat won for two-reelers. I probably should have realized, but the winner for one-reelers was Crashing the Water Barrier.

The Academy's channel allows for embedding, so here's Mickey Rooney presenting the Oscars for short subjects:

No comments: