Wednesday, May 1, 2019

Briefs for May 1-2, 2019

Now that we're into a new month, it's time for a new Star of the Month on TCM, that being Paul Newman. His movies are going to be on TCM every Wednesday in prime time, starting tonight. I've got two of them that I haven't blogged about here before, The Rack and Until They Sail, set to record so that I can post about them at some point. Apparently, Somebody Up There Likes Me, which kicks the night off at 8:00 PM, is out of print on DVD. I was also surprised to see how few pictures I've used to illustrate Paul Newman movies, which is why I didn't do a standard post of posting several photos and saying when the movies would air.

I probably should have mentioned the death of Oscar-nominated director John Singleton earlier. I hadn't even heard that he'd suffered a stroke, but then I get the death notices from Wikipedia, rather than watching the celebrity "news" stuff.

Somebody spammed my blog, putting multiple comments on one post from the other day, and... one from almost a year ago. I'd think that if somebody were going to spam a low-traffic blog like this, they'd at least do one comment on several consecutive posts going back a week or so, not three on one and then three on one other post. Unless the point was for me to see all the spam links.

No comments: