Thursday, May 30, 2019

Thursday Movie Picks #255: Spies (TV edition)



This being Thursday, it's time for another edition of Thursday Movie Picks, the blogathon run by Wandering Through the Shelves. This being the last Thursday of the month, it's time for another TV edition, with the theme this time around being spies. I have to admit this one was a bit difficult for me, so I went with a couple of vintage classics:



The Prisoner (1967). Patrick McGoohan plays Number 6, a man who gets gassed and wakes up in a mysterious village where everybody refers to him as #6. Nobody will tell him who #1 is.



I Spy (1965-1968). Robert Culp and Bill Cosby play a pair of tennis pros who are actually spies. This would never work in real life, since the tennis tour didn't go where spies would have needed to go, but suspend your disbelief for a bit.



Get Smart (1965-1970). Don Adams stars as Maxwell Smart, also known as Agent 86, working for CONTROL against the opposing spy agence KAOS. Smart is assisted by the lovely Agent 99 (Barbara Feldon) in this spoof of the spy genre.

2 comments:

Ronyell (a.k.a. Rabbitearsblog) said...

Oh! I forgot about Get Smart! I used to watch that show all the time!

Here’s my Thursday Movie Picks!

Ronyell @ The Surreal Movies and TV Blog

Dell said...

I grew up Get Smart in syndication. Loved that show. Almost picked it myself.