Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Out of This World

One of this month's TCM spotlights is "Out of This World", a look at science-fiction movies. Every Tuesday in prime time, TCM is going to be showing a bunch of movies in the genre. I couldn't tell from the TCM blurbs on it whether there's any guest host.

This first Tuesday in the month unsurprisingly brings several early science fiction films, up through the 1930s. The night kicks off at 8:00 PM with one of the earliest feature films, the 1902 version of A Trip to the Moon. For some reason I thought I had embedded one of the Youtube copies before, but a search of the site claims I haven't:



Other movies tonight include Metropolis at 8:30 PM, followed by another Fritz Lang movie that's new to me, The Woman in the Moon.

Overnight there's Things to Come at 2:15 AM, followed by all the chapters of the 1940 Flash Gordon serial at 4:00 AM, if you want to sit through the whole thing in one go.

No comments: