Friday, May 12, 2023

Briefs for May 12-14, 2023

I actually have a couple of movies watched, but I just haven't had the energy to do a full post after work. I should have written one up yesterday in advance since yesterday was only the Thursday Movie Picks post, but didn't think to do so. Anyhow, there's certainly a few other things worth mentioning.

I blogged about Summer of '42 recently, and see that it's already back on the TCM schedule. You've got a chance to watch it tomorrow (May 13) at 6:00 AM, just before the Saturday Matinee block. I didn't notice what was airing last Saturday morning, but I notice that the post-10:00 portion of it has one of the Bonita Granville Nancy Drew mysteries.

Sunday is Mother's Day, which means the usual suspects show up on TCM, most notably Mildred Pierce at noon and I Remember Mama at 7:30 AM. Also definitely worth watching if you haven't seen it before is The Trip to Bountiful at 4:00 PM.

FXM doesn't seem to be doing anything for Mother's Day, although the FXM Retro lineup for Sunday includes a couple of fun films. I've mentioned Phantom of the Paradise (11:25 AM) a couple of times; that's followed by The Fury at 1:00 PM. I suppose that if your mother was a horror show, then perhaps those two might be appropriate movies.

StarzEncore Westerns has a couple of westerns that aren't exactly motherly, but are certainly classics, lined up for Sunday. There's High Noon, although it comes on well before noon at 8:38 AM. That's followed by Angel and the Badman at 10:05 AM.

If you want to feel old, consider that Emilio Estevez turns 61 today. It's also the 64th birthday of action star Ving Rhames, while Millie Perkins of The Diary of Anne Frank turns 85.

No comments: