Today being July 31, it's time for the annual reminder that tomorrow begins TCM's annual Summer Under the Stars programming feature. As always, each day in August is given over to the films of a different actor or actress.
Looking through the schedule, I see several movies on the schedule that are currently on my DVR and that I haven't done posts on, so I already know what's going to get posts on certain days coming up. As always, check your schedule since I've got a couple of weeks of posts already scheduled and seeing what films are on my DVR means moving stuff around.
Summer Under the Stars also means that some of the other programming features are taking a break for the month of August. That includes Noir Alley, Silent Sunday Nights and TCM Imports, and Dave Karger's Saturday matinee musicals. There's been a summer theme kicking off Sunday afternoons with a romance movie, presented by Alicia Malone, although TCM's article for some reason says it's on Saturdays. In any case, the five Sunday afternoons in August all kick off with relatively romantic movies. I don't know if Alicia Malone is presenting those.
TCM's page for Summer Under the Stars is up and running.

No comments:
Post a Comment