Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Still not on DVD: They Shall Have Music

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that They Shall Have Music still doesn't have a DVD release. It was made by Sam Goldwyn's studio, which means it's not as if you can expect a Warner Archive release. (Who even owns the rights today anyhow?) And as much as those of us who spend a good portion of our time watching TCM or even blogging about movies might want to think otherwise, having Joel McCrea as your top star isn't a particularly big draw. TCM has been hawking a box set of McCrea's films, but you'll notice they were all made at Universal. And is that box set even out yet? I could swear the promo says Mustang Country is one of the films, but TCM doesn't list that as being available for purchase yet.

The upshot is that if you want to see a movie like They Shall Have Music, you're going to have to catch it on TCM, and tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM will be one of your few chances. I think it's been the first time in over three years that TCM has had it on.

1 comment:

SlipOn said...

It was a testimony before the release of the dvd, I was also a music fan and wanted to get the songs before the release, I found a place where they have the previous music is music. bells, ringtones were created for everyone before the dvd release, for more about the ringtone please visit here:https://ringtonemob.net/
A ringtone that I found is of good quality and was released before the DVD, please visit the following link to ring the new ringtone:Oppo Original ringtone mp3,Thanks for watching my share.