Thursday, April 30, 2015

"Goodbye Again" Again

A week ago, I blogged about the movie Honeymoon for Three and how it was a remake of the 1933 film Goodbye Again. What I didn't notice when I was mentioning Honeymoon for Three was that Goodbye Again was going to be coming on on the TCM schedule in May. Specifically, it's on tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM. I stand by what I wrote in that post, which is that the Warren William and Genevieve Tobin character are so irritating that it makes th emovie difficult to like at times. It's a bit of a shame, since the basic idea of the movie is a good one, and Joan Blondell is always worth watching.

Goodbye Again is running as part of a morning and afternoon of 1930s comedies involving secretaries getting mixed up in relationships with their bosses. Some of the movie titles look familiar, as though I know I've seen them before, but can't quite place them. The reason for that might be down in part to the same reason why TCM is able to program an entire half-day's worth of such movies. That is, there are a whole lot of them, and the plots begin to blend together after a while

I should apologize for not having mentioned Goodbye Again's airing tomorrow back when I blogged about Honeymoon for Three last week. But as I've mentioned before, I tend not to download the schedule for a month until a couple of days before the start of the month. Usually, that's in time so that I can have a full week's schedule from Sunday to Sunday available on my hard drive. So I wouldn't have gotten around to downloading May's schedule until about the 24th, or a couple of days after Honeymoon for Three ran.

No comments: