Monday, September 25, 2017

Herbert Lom night on TCM

Tonight TCM is shining a light on Herbert Lom, the veteran character actor whom you would most likely remember as Dreyfus in the Pink Panther movies. TCM is running one of those in the overnight hours, although I'd rather mention The Dark Tower which kicks off the night at 8:00 PM. Lom plays a hypnotist who winds up with a struggling circus, and uses his power to remove enough fear from the high-wire walker to make the act much more interesting. Of course, he also tries to use that power to make her fall in love with him, which her husband naturally doesn't like. This is a surprisingly good B movie from the UK.

To be honest, though, I'm really mentioning Herbert Lom because it's a good opportunity to update one of the several hundred photos that have been orphaned over on Photobucket. What's even more grating is that when I clicked the link to the photo as I used it on my blog, the Photobucket page which theoretically ought to display the photo since it's not third party showed that damn "pay us $400 for third-party hosting" image. And the Herbert Lom photo is one that didn't survive the transition from my old computer to the one I have now. Thankfully, the "download" link worked. But the Photobucket change is even worse than I realized.

No comments: