Sunday, September 10, 2017

Shorts update, September 10-11, 2017

In looking through the upcoming shorts on TCM, one that I haven't seen looks interesting: Desert Killer, at about 7:49 PM following Sex and the Single Girl (5:45 PM, 114 min plus an intro or outro). It's about a rancher hunting a cougar that's killing his sheep, but from the IMDb comments, it sounds like it has Pete Smith-style comments narrating. But it's not a Pete Smith short, since it's at Warner Bros. It's also in Technicolor.

Tomorrow morning, The Audition comes up, at about 9:49 AM. It's after Meet the Baron (8:30 AM, 67 min) and before the next movie, which starts at 10:00 AM. I actually blogged about this one four months ago when I couldn't figure out anything else to blog about. I've got a couple of movies I watched off my DVR, but none of them are in print on DVD. (A couple of them are streaming at Amazon, and I think one is on the TCM schedule in October, so I decided to watch it now.)

Getting back to those old 1930s musical shorts, there's also The Mills Blue Rhythm Band around 8:15 AM, showcasing several dancers and musical acts. This is another one I haven't seen so I can't comment on.

No comments: