Wednesday, August 15, 2018

A few heads up

Tomorrow's star in TCM's Summer Under the Stars is Miriam Hopkins, and TCM is spending most of the day with her 1930s movies. I would love to see another airing of The Mating Season, but alas, that's not on the schedule. The day kicks off at 6:00 AM with The Stranger's Return, a movie that I blogged about last November and then used again the next month in a Thursday Movie Picks post on small towns. I know it's the sort of movie most of the people who respond to the TMP posts say they've never seen before, so here's another chance.

Surprisingly, it's only been six months since I mentioned Holiday for Lovers, which kicks off the FXM Retro schedule tomorrow morning at 4:00 AM. Also on the FXM Retro schedule tomorrow is a movie that I mentioned another airing of just last September, As Young As You Feel, at 7:40 AM.

I've actually got a few days off work so I'll be able to get through more movies this weekend. The only problem is that I've recorded quite a few movies that aren't in print on DVD and don't seem to be available via streaming routes either. Or, at least, outlets other than the Watch TCM app, where they're only up temporarily. I was rather surprised and disappointed to find out that Tension at Table Rock is one of the movies not on DVD after I recorded it during Dorothy Malone's Day in Summer Under the Stars.

No comments: