Friday, November 16, 2018

George Formby night

No, not the boxer with the grill, but British actor George Formby, who, I have to say, is a blind spot in my knowledge of cinema. TCM is running several movies tonight starring British entertainer George Formby.

I'm always up for a night of movies like this, but reading a bit about Formby, I worry a bit. The biographies say he was not just an actor, but a singer who played his own songs on the ukulele. Not quite my genre of music.

Meanwhile, only one of the four movies is available on DVD, at least according to TCM's schedule. I'm running out of room on my DVR, and I've got two movies that I absolutely have to get to this weekend since they're coming up on TCM and are both out of print on DVD, so they'll be the subjects of tomorrow's and Sunday's posts.

I thought I'd get ahead of the game with Thanksgiving coming up, but apparently not. So many movies, so little time.

No comments: