Tuesday, May 21, 2019

Tony Rome extras

A few weeks back when I did a post on Tony Rome, I mentioned that the cheap box set DVD I got it on has a bunch of trailers to other movies included. Not having anything else to write about today, I decided to pop in the DVD and take some screeshots to see the quality of the trailers.

I think I've stated before that a lot of the old trailers that TCM runs when they're promoing a movie coming up look relatively poor compared to the original movie. With that in mind, I was refreshingly pleased to see that the trailers I selected didn't look too bad.



Here's one from the beginning of the trailer to Lady in Cement, the sequel to Tony Rome. The trailer also had underwater shots that looked surprisingly good on my computer monitor. This one is also in the box set so someday I'll get around to it.



Next up is One Million Years B.C.. You thought I was going to select a screenshot of a scantily clad Raquel Welch, didn't you? Instead, I decided to go with a wide shot of a giant turtle courtesy of Ray Harryhausen (who else?).



Finally is the grainiest of the shots, from Bandolero!. This trailer had some shots that looked surprisingly good, and some that looked this sort of grainy that I would have expected. In all of the trailers I watched I didn't notice the sort of washed-out color that I see in a lot of other trailers or featurettes, which again I thought was unexpected.

No comments: