I suppose I should apologize for not talking much about any upcoming spotlights or other programming features apart from the TCM Star of the Month. I as always am a couple of weeks ahead in scheduling posts here, so actually doing something like a briefs post always seems to get put off. And I still have a bunch of movies that I've watched off the DVR without having written up the post on them to schedule in the first place.
This is also the appropriate place to point out that you need to check your box guide whenever I put up a post on a movie that's supposedly coming up on TCM or FXM. TCM's full October schedule is now available, and I had to juggle a couple of things. I had written a post on the Vincent Price movie The Bat a month or so ago when I thought it was about to expire from my DVR but when I didn't yet know for certain that it was going to be part of the Halloween lineup. So currently I think the post is scheduled for early on October 30.
By the same token, when I looked through the October schedule, I saw that the Tom Hanks movie The 'Burbs is scheduled in prime time on, IIRC, October 7; I haven't yet downloaded a copy of the October schedule and I can't connect to the site I normally use. But when I went to watch it to do a post, I saw the opening scene and thought that this looked suspiciously familiar. Sure enough, as it turned out I had done a post on The 'Burbs in late 2021. Time to reschedule more posts then....
I've also posted in the past how it seemed to me that FXM really refreshed its schedule on October 1. That doesn't seem to be the case this year, although over the past year it seems as though there have been more films pulled out of the vaults for the Retro block, with films not showing quite as often. But that also means that I don't see anything suddenly showing up in October that hasn't been on FXM for years.
Finally, in some happier news, they're still finding "lost" movies. Needless to say this is one I'd never heard of, and won't be getting to see until the point that it shows up either on YouTube or one of the streaming platforms.

No comments:
Post a Comment