Sunday, December 27, 2009

Marlene Dietrich, 1901-1992

I notice that today marks the birth anniversary of the lovely Marlene Dietrich. I've recommended a few of her movies, but was surprised to see that when I recommended Witness for the Prosecution, I hadn't been bothered to find a photo that goes with the movie, which is a bit of a shame since both Marlene Dietrich and Charles Laughton give such good performances in the movie. So, here they both are.

Of course, in Witness for the Prosecution, we only see Dietrich in black and white. She did make a few movies in color, and when she was younger, she was even more lovely to look at. Such a lovely movie is The Garden of Allah, which I've also recommended in the past. At least in that case, I had the good sense to find some photos, since the movie is so gorgeous to see. (But not so much to watch, since the plot is so inane.)

No comments: