Monday, September 3, 2012

Computer scheduling

I'm on three days from now!So I was looking at TCM's online schedule today to see if there would be any interesting shorts. What do I see on the TCM page? A Summer Under the Stars ad for James Caan's day in Summer Under the Stars! Now, I already wrote about these ads at the beginning of last month, but the bigger point is that Summer Under the Stars is very much over at this point.

I don't know if the ad placement on TCM's website is handled in house or whether all of the ad placement on the sites in the Time/Warner conglomerate that owns TCM are handled in one central location. (The ad in question links to "ads.cnn.com" followed by a long string that doesn't yield much obviously pertinent information.) But you'd think that somebody would have figured out that these ads were going to be out of date after August 31.

No comments: