Monday, April 1, 2013

Returning to FMC

Today is the first day of April. I think I noted at the beginning of March that it seems to be the policy of whoever programs the Fox Movie Channel (or what's left of it) that it seems as though films get taken out of the Fox vaults at the beginning of a month and then get several airings in relatively quick succession. I'm looking at the monthly schedule, and I can see a few movies that I don't think have been on in three or four years. A couple of them I never got around to blogging about when they were last on, so they might be the subjects for posts sometime later in the month. However, because it's been some time since I last saw them, I might only get around to blogging about them for the second airing.

That having been said, I've been blogging for over five years now, and I have blogged about quite a few Fox movies over that time. The Laughing Policeman, for example, was the subject of a blog post back in May, 2008. It will be on for the first time in years tomorrow morning at 4:00 AM. And it will be getting two more airings in April, although both of those are going to be at 4:00 AM as well. It's probably due to the really bad language and violence, but it's still a bit disappointing.

I'm not certain if Young Jesse James from 1960, and not to be confused with either 1939's Jesse James or 1940's The Return of Frank James is new this month, or whether it was on in March already. But it shows up this morning and then again at the beginning of May. FMC's website, however, claims there are no search results for "Jesse James", so I can't see when it's airing beyond May 4.

No comments: