Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Trader Hound again

Tonight sees a night of "Bob's Picks" on TCM, a set of movies Robert Osborne thinks we should see. I know I've seen Macao (early tomorrow morning at 4:00 AM) before, as I blogged about it back in June of 2011.

I'm not certain if I've seen Trader Horn (midnight) all the way through. It's one of those movies that I've turned the TV on in the middle of on more than one occasion, but I don't think I've actually sat down to watch the whole thing. It doesn't help that it's easy to conflate having seen that with having seen Trader Hound, the Dogville short spoofing Trader Horn before. Trader Hound is on at 11:43 AM, after Castle on the Hudson. Surprisingly, Trader Horn doesn't seem to be on DVD; I'd have figured it was a good candidate for the Warner Archive. Unsurprisingly, Trader Hound isn't available either; that one would make a good extra if Warner Home Video ever put Trader Horn on DVD. Trader Hound also doesn't seem to be on Youtube either; I was thinking of linking to it if it had been.

2 comments:

Maltydog said...

Actually, Trader Hound is available on DVD, on the Disc #2 of the Dogville set put out by the Warner Archive.

Ted S. (Just a Cineast) said...

I didn't know that. I was going by whether there was a "buy the DVD" link available from the TCM schedule, which is usually a good indicator for which movies are available from the Warner Archive at least.