Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Another installment of Treasures from the Disney Vault

I see that tonight brings up another night of the irregular TCM series Treasures from the Disney Vault. This night's theme has to do with animals other than your regular Disney characters, who were of course mostly animals. I don't think I've heard of most of them, wih the exception of Old Yeller at 9:30. For some reason, even as a kid I liked the ending.

There are also two shorts, both based on children's stories, The Ugly Duckling and The Tortoise and the Hare, in the half-hour from 12:45 AM-1:15 AM. I'm surprised they couldn't get a third short, since most of the other installments have had a half-hour block of three one-reelers.

There also doesn't seem to be a Disneyland episode (or pick your favorite of the later names of the series) this go round. I've always wondered how much Disney controls the lineups for these evenings.

Humorously is that the night ends with something decidedly non-Disney, The Relaxed Wife at 5:45 AM.

No comments: