Saturday, December 17, 2016

I missed a day

So I see that I failed to post anything yesterday. For some reason I thought I had posted something, but I realized this morning that, wait a minute, I hadn't posted anything first thing in the morning and then didn't post in the afternoon. So there you are.

I started this blog back in 2008 when I had a lot of time on my hands. Thanks to the economic downturn and having a mother diagnosed with dementia I wound up as a caregiver along with Dad, me more or less being home-bound with a lot of time on my hands. So it was easy to blog on a daily basis, only missing days when the internet service was out either due to equipment problems or the odd hurricane. (Oh, having a dementia patient not understand why the air conditioner doesn't work when the power is out thanks to a hurricane is just so much fun.)

But Mom died back in March 2015 and so I had to go out and get a real job, one that pays the bills. Which means that I have to be more vigilant if I want to make certain I blog every day, something I still want to do since I think it's a good habit to write every day. Thursday night I was up half the night sick in bed, and then after I got out of work I had errands to run and only got through half of them since the Christmas rush is so busy as you can see in pretty much any movie set in a store at Christmastime. I just didn't get around to posting anything after I got home late yesterday.

I watched something off one of my DVDs last night instead of off the DVR since I wanted to watch something I new was short, so I've got a full-length post coming up this afternoon on something that I fully know is available on DVD -- I just bought the DVD a few months back!

Then again, you know what they say about Robert Mitchum....

No comments: