Sunday, December 16, 2018

TCM Remembers 2018

So apparently TCM's piece looking back at the people who left us in 2018 has begun to run, as it was posted to Youtube recently. I haven't seen it on TCM yet, but to be honest my live watching of the channel has been down quite a bit as I've been DVRing a lot of stuff. I did make it a point of watching the first half hour of Wednesday's prime time block of stuff named to the National Film Registry, especially as I noticed that with the length of the movie in the first half hour, there might be time for a TCM Remembers piece. It didn't air then.

One addition I was surprised by was that of Sondra Locke, who died back in November but whose death wasn't announced until this past week. Unsurprisingly, some of the posters on the TCM boards are spending just as much time mentioning those people who didn't get included in the tribute. As least none of them have put out the idea that I see there and nowhwere else every year that TCM should wait until January. I listen to various international broadcasters as I've mentioned on several occassions, and Radio Slovakia's English section already stared with the look back at 2018 on December 4.

Anyhow, if you haven't seen the TCM Remembers piece on TCM yet, here it is on Youtube:

No comments: