Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Sam Peckinpah night


Tonight on TCM sees a night of movies directed by Sam Peckinpah, but that's not the reason I mention it, since I think I stated when I blogged about The Wild Bunch (11:00 PM) that I found it overrated and overlong. Instead, I mention it because there's a new documentary premiering tonight.

Called Peckinpah Suite (8:00 PM and again overnight at 1:45 AM), the documentary is, at least according to TCM's page on tonight's lineup, produced by TCM's sister channel in Spain. I can't help wonder whether it's going be like the documentary on James Stewart and Robert Mitchum, which I felt wasn't particularly noteworthy, or the one on Frankenstein; both of those were if memory serves produced by Arte and I don't know what TCM got the rights to run those in exchange for.

Anyhow, the other movies in the Peckinpah lineup are:
Ride the High Country at 9:15 PM;
Pat Garrett and Billy the Kid ta 3:00 AM; and
The Getaway at 5:00 AM.

No comments: