Tuesday, November 22, 2022

Coming attractions on TCM

Thursday is Thanksgiving here in the States, so I might get a little more movie watching in. Unfortunately, I've been a little busy, so even though I have a movie I just watched waiting for me to do a post on it, I've been getting home from work late enough that I don't much feel like writing. And then I looked at TCM's schedule for tonight: movies about the Automat, the old coin-operated cafeteria-like restaurant that was a thing back in the 1930s. I saw Sadie McKee on the schedule at 4:15 AM, and thought about doing a post on that, but noticed that I already did one two years ago.

A movie that shows up on TCM rather less since it was done at Paramount is Easy Living, which I posted about near the beginning of the blog. That one airs at 1:00 AM, or late this evening if you're out on the west coast.

In between, at 2:45 AM, is Thirty-Day Princess, which for some reason I was thinking was a Carole Lombard movie when it is, in fact, a Sylvia Sidney movie. I'm probably getting the title mixed up with The Princess Comes Across, which does indeed star Carole Lombard.

Today is the birth anniversary of Hoagy Carmichael, and I did a post on that back in 2019. But I notice that tomorrow's TCM schedule includes To Have and Have Not, at 4:00 PM, with Carmichael supporting Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall.

Finally, I see that TCM is running a spotlight on royal leaders on Wednesday(s). This Wednesday night includes The Last Emperor at 10:30 PM, a movie I mentioned a few months back since it was airing on one of the premium channels.

Speaking of the premium channels, it's time for DirecTV's annual free preview of the movie channels over Thanksgiving weekend which, from the email I received, should be starting tomorrow and going through Sunday. I actually have a bit of space on my DVR, too.

No comments: