Thursday, August 1, 2024

It's August 1 again

Today being August 1, it means that it's time for another edition of TCM's Summer Under the Stars. So no Star of the Month or the traditional programming features of Noir Alley, Silent Sunday Nights, and the like. TCM's recent budget issues also mean tht there's even les of a mini-site for the programming than there was in years past, not that what there was was very informative. Instead, we get a small article that mentions who's getting their first day in Summer Under the Stars this year as well as a link to a PDF schedule.

The month starts off with William Powell, which I mention more because it gives me something to say about YouTube TV's DVR. I noticed that one of today's movies is The Heavenly Body (noon, August 1), which I don't think I've seen before. So I decided yesterday afternoon to record it, and when I looked through the DVR after dinner for something to watch, it was already in the DVR, which didn't make sense to me, being a recording from a week and a half ago. Apparently, The Heavenly Body was on in July and I didn't record it then, but that showing got put in my DVR or something. Not that I watched it, however, since I didn't think putting up a post for a movie showing in only a few hours was a good idea.

Part of that is because there are a surprising number of movies already on my DVR -- well, some of them I have DVD's of -- that will be coming up in August. I've been getting ahead of myself in scheduling postings, and right now I'm about two weeks ahead. So I hope all of those posts show up on the appropriate day.

Tomorrow brings a day of the films of Ida Lupino, and I have several of her movies on my DVR. However, the ones that are airing are ones I've posted on before: The Man I Love at 11:45 AM and Out of the Fog at 5:00 PM. I watched Woman in Hiding a few weeks back but haven't gotten around to writing the post on that, and that isn't one of the movies on the schedule for tomorrow. However, for some of the stars coming up later in the month I will be doing a post for a movie that's been on my DVR but won't be airing on the day, if it doesn't conflict with other stuff coming up.

Obviously, more on all that later in the month.

No comments: