Saturday, October 22, 2011

The latest adventure in box guide fun

Tomorrow morning at 6:00 AM, TCM is showing the Jeannette MacDonald/Nelson Eddy musical Rose Marie. It's not exactly my cup of tea, especially since I don't particularly care for MacDonald's singing. But that's neither here nor there.

While I was looking through my satellite box guide to see what movies were going to be on the Fox Movie Channel tomorrow, I noticed that it listed TCM as showing a movie I'd never heard of before, called Marie. I didn't think TCM would be showing a 1985 movie at 6:00 AM on a Sunday morning, and it turns out of course that they're not. To be honest, though, the 1985 Marie actually sounds like a fairly interesting movie, especially because it's apparently based on the true story of the thoroughly corrupt political administration in Tennessee. And Fred Thompson, before he became an actor, is playing his politician self as one of the good guys. Marie is available through the Warner Archive.

No comments: