Saturday, December 1, 2012

Another round of repeats

TCM's theme for this evening is "On the Road": a night of movies about people going cross-country, more or less. I've recommended four of the night's movies before, and haven't seen the fifth one. But the four I've blogged about all deserve another mention.

The night kicks off with this week's Essential, Sullivan's Travels, at 8:00 PM, which last aired all of five weeks ago.
That's followed at 10:00 PM by Harry and Tonto, which I blogged about four years ago, but which I just mentioned a week or so ago since the recently deceased Larry Hagman has a supporting role in the film.
I haven't seen Lost in America (midnight) before, so I can't really comment on it.
Lucille Ball hits the road with Desi Arnaz in The Long Long Trailer, which airs at 2:00 AM.
The night concludes with Claudette Colbert showing us all how to hitchhike in It Happened One Night at 4:00 AM.

No comments: