Friday, November 27, 2015

Dick Tracy redux

Back in 2012, I mentioned the 1937 Dick Tracy serial, something which I had completely forgotten about. I didn't mention back in 2012, but I did know then and would have recalled now that there was a series of B movies about the famous comic strip detective made in the second half of the 1940s.

Well, that series is starting this Saturday on TCM, what with the Batman and Robin serial having ended last Saturday. Of course, since these are full-length movies, and not a serial, the start time is a bit earlier, at 9:15 AM, so that it'll end in time for the next of the Bowery Boys movies to begin at 10:30 AM.

I know I saw at least one of these the last time TCM ran all of them, but I can't remember which one and would probably blur all the plots anyhow since it's been several years I think since TCM ran them.

No comments: