Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Post-Christmas roundup

I hope you all enjoyed your Christmas. I didn't get anything movie-related, but then I wasn't expecting anything movie-related. Most of my family got DVDs from me, except for Dad, who got wine, but not from the TCM Wine Club.



I saw this Twitter over the holidays, and should have given it its own post here:





I probably should have mentioned the Hitchcock marathon that started last night. Edmund Gwenn, who played Kris Kringle in Miracle on 34th Street, appeared in two Hitchcock movies, Foreign Correspondent and The Trouble With Harry. The latter was on TCM as part of the Hitchcock salute.



Tonight on TCM is the last night of the Lana Turner movies in her turn at TCM's Star of the Month. This week features some of her later work, including another chance to catch the hilariously awful The Big Cube, at 4:15 AM tomorrow.



Up against The Big Cube over on FXM Retro is another airing of the Maury Dexter classic Raiders from Beneath the Sea. This is another one that's hilariously awful, and comes on at 4:45 AM tomorrow. If you miss that showing because you're watching The Big Cube, there will be another airing at 3:30 AM Thursday.

No comments: