Monday, December 11, 2017

TCM Guest Programmer December 2017: Matt Walsh

Tonight we get the monthly (well, at least ten months out of the year) Guest Programmer on TCM: Matt Walsh, a comic and acotr/director from such shows as Veep on HBO. He sat down with Ben Mankiewicz to present four of his favorite movies, and those movies will be on tonight:

Being There at 8:00 PM, in which Peter Sellers bores the audience for two hours with tedious platitudes;
My Favorite Year at 10:30 PM, with Mark Linn-Baker as a TV producer who has to get a good performance out of a notoriously drunk actor (Peter O'Toole);
Withnail and I at 12:15 AM; and
Horse Feathers at 2:30 AM, the Marx Brothers' look at college and college football.

I think I've said several times now that I am absolutely not a fan of Being There, but I know there are a lot of people who think it's great.

No comments: