Wednesday, January 23, 2019

A centenary, and TCM advertising

Yesterday or the day before, I was on the main TCM page, and there was a banner ad for a Shout Factory DVD pertaining to Ernie Kovacs.

Wouldn't you know, today is the 100th anniversary of Kovac's birth, and TCM is running a night of programming related to Kovacs. There are four movies... and three episodes of his TV comedy show, which as far as I can tell have nothing to do with the movies. If I had to guess, there's some sort of promotion going on with Shout Factory, which I would presume is for this DVD set that was released back in November. The night's line-up does have what I believe is the TCM premiere of Wake Me When It's Over at 11:30 PM, so there's that.

There's more cross-promotion going on at the end of the week. When I looked up the TCM article for the Kovas centennial, in the sidebar was another article promoting the Sunday night lineup on TCM, which is two noirs set in Los Angeles. Apparently TNT is coming out with a short series that is also a noir set in the city, so TCM is doing cross-promotion, and this time are pretty blatant about it.

At least the Screen Actors Guild Awards spotlight is more movie-related.

1 comment:

Bipard said...

Your blog is filled with unique good articles! I was impressed how well you express your thoughts.