Tuesday, January 22, 2019

It's been available for six years?

Yesterday I got yet another email from Amazon promoting stuff they think I might be interested in based on my previous purchases. Since I buy a lot of DVDs at Amazon, it should be unsurprising that a lot of what what I get is hawking various DVDs.

Anyhow, the most recent email included a bunch of shorts collections, with the one that jumped out at me being the Crime Does Not Pay collection. The cover art says 50 shorts on a six-disc set, although IMDb only has 48 shorts given the "Crime Does Not Pay series" keyword. I wouldn't be surprised it the people who include the keywords on IMDb overlooked two of the shorts, but I couldn't find a listing of the shorts on the DVD either at Amazon or the TCM Shop to see which two are missing from the IMDb list.

Anyhow, one of the things that surprised me is that the release date for the set was July 2012, which means that it's been available for six and a half years. How did I ever miss this one for so long?

No comments: