Monday, August 31, 2015

Slovak World War II films

I've mentioned several times that I listen to the international broadcasters that used to be on short-wave radio back in the day. And, of course, I've linked to various stories about classic cinema when one or another broadcaster ran such a story. This past Friday, Radio Slovakia International had a report called "WW2 on the Silver Screen", which was a cursory look at some of the vintage World War II films made in Slovakia during the Communist era, as well as a new movie that's being made. That having been said, I don't think they mentioned The Shop on Main Street which, because it won an Oscar for Best Foreign-Language Film, would have been my first thought when it came to Slovak films about the war.

Unfortunately, Radio Slovakia International doesn't have separate links to individual stories, so you're going to have to download the entire Friday program in MP3 form here (~27 min, ~12.5 MB).

No comments: