Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Coleen Gray, 1922-2015


Coleen Gray and Sterling Hayden in The Killing (1956)

I just noticed that actress Coleen Gray died yesterday at the age of 92. I've blogged about several of her movies, although I wasn't always careful and spelled her name with two L's on a number of occasions, which will obviously screw up search functions.

Perhaps it's my like of noir, but her movies I blogged about are all noirs. In addition to The Killing, from which the photo above is taken, Gray was also a good girl in Kansas City Confidential, the most blog post about one of Gray's movies.

Gray also played the wife of Victor Mature in the noir classic Kiss of Death, as well as playing the main character's wife in yet another noir classic, this time opposite Tyrone Power in Nightmare Alley.

No comments: