Friday, August 21, 2015

Movie references seen elsewhere

A non-movie blog I read linked this morning to the following story from the UK's Telegraph newspaper:

Pakistan to hang paraplegic convict from his wheelchair

Now, I don't want to comment on the story itself, since I generally try to avoid getting to close to contentious political issues. I did comment on the death penalty when I blogged about I Want to Live!, and I've certainly made some other veiled references of my political views, but generally, one of the things about writing this blog is to get away from politics in the outside world.

At any rate, I'm mentioning the Pakistan story because, in the blog where I read it, the first comment was this:

It is obviously a job for Tommy Udo.

Needless to say, I had the urge to giggle maniacally after I read that comment.

No comments: