Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Another milestone

By my count, this is post number 2000 in the four years and eight months that I've been blogging here. To be honest, there are a lot of posts that aren't particularly good, but that's because I set a rule for myself that I was going to stay in the habit of posting every day. It's a rule I only broke once, which was when my satellite modem had to be replaced and so I was left without Internet access. But the result is that there are days where I don't even have a new (to the blog) movie to blog about, or even a list post, some of which can be fun. Then again, when it comes ot the Traveltalks shorts, I don't think it's such a bad thing to point out which ones are coming up on TCM, since most of them don't seem to be on DVD at all.

What's coming up for the blog? Well, I don't think there are going to be any big changes. Every time I get around to it I try to add relevant tags to old posts, although Google unfortunately made that a bit of a pain by forcing a new interface on everybody, one which I find is a pretty serious memory hog at times, freezing up the browser.

I finally got a Twitter account under the JustACineast name, although I don't know how much twittering I'm going to be doing. My computer isn't in the same room as my TV, so I can't really be on it and watch movies at the same time. And I don't like the whole text messaging thing. So I suppose there might be the isolated tweet when I want to respond to something else, but not in general.

There are a few movies I've been meaning to write posts about. I saw Bright Leaf early in the year, but didn't get around to doing a blog post when Lauren Bacall was Star of the Month. One of these days I'll finally get around to it, even though Bright Leaf isn't a particularly good movie. I can think of a few others, although at least one is coming up next week so I'll blog about it then.

No comments: