Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Hurricane Sandy

As you can probably guess, I survived Hurricane Sandy. Surprisingly, I didn't even lose electricity. Quite a few people up here in the Catskills did, but thankfully the power stayed on the entire time. The winds got pretty bad, and while I was watching Assignment: Paris on Monday evening, one of the lights in the room where I was watching seemed to be winking, so I was worried that the power was about to go out -- that was also about the time the winds were at their worst. I got to see the end of the movie, even if it wasn't the best movie out there.

The HMS Bounty didn't fare as well, sadly. The ship, made for the 1962 version of Mutiny on the Bounty (the one with Marlon Brando), sank off the North Carolina coast as it was making its way from Maine to Florida. The ship was also used for the 1990 version of Treasure Island as well as some of the Pirates of the Caribbean movies. Interestingly, Ted Turner actually bought the ship (or more accurately, it was included in the purachase) when he bought MGM back in 1986.

No comments: