Saturday, June 7, 2014

A weekend with non-fans

So I've got a family function to go to this weekend. By the time you see this post witten ahead of time, I'll probably be on my way to what amounts to a family reunion for what isn't a particularly big family. I don't think any of them are really fans of old movies, so I doubt I'll be able to veg out on one of my sister's couches and watch On the Waterfront and the rest of the dockland gang movies tonight. Granted, I've seen On the Waterfront several times, but I might try to se if I can convince anybody else to watch it with me. I've been seeing the trailers for The Mob, which comes on at 11:30 PM, and that's one I haven't seen before and wouldn't mind.

Tomorrow morning at 9:00 AM, TCM is showing Face of Fire, which is another movie I'd like to see but am sure I won't get to since we're probably all going to be going out for breakfast on Sunday morning. This one has James Whitmore playing a handyman working for a doctor who saves the doctor's son from a fire, only to become disfigured in the fire, which frightens all of the town's residents.

No comments: