Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Allison Hayes day

TCM is spending this afternoon with the films of Allison Hayes. I've mentioned one of those movies before, The Hypnotic Eye at 5:15 PM. For some reason, I thought I had never done a full-length post on Attack of the 50 Foot Woman, at 6:45 PM, but it turns out there is one from September 2011.

I also have to admit that I don't believe I've seen any other of today's Hayes movies. Not that I was going to be blogging about them though, because there's something else coming up that I want to do a full-length post on. Suffice it to say that films like The Hypnotic Eye and Attack of the 50 Foot Womna are wonderful schlock, and it's great that we have a TCM around to show this stuff in addition to all the prestige movies. It's part of our movie heritage, and sometimes the schlock is the stuff that brings us better memories than the quality stuff.

No comments: