Monday, April 10, 2017

That Midnight Lace box set is out of print!

So I was thinking of what to watch off of my DVR yesterday to make way for new stuff, and I decided on Doris Day's Midnight Lace, because I remember the promo TCM was running for a box set of, if memory serves, Day's films at Universal. The one TCM ran so they could get the rights to some of the Paramounts that Universal has the rights to now, considering how few Universals show up on the TCM schedule.

Anyhow, I was looking on Amazon and the TCM Shop, and it turns out that the movie is available... but for preorder. Well, at Amazon you can get the old out of print copies for a ridiculous price, but that box set doesn't seem to be available.

The DVD on preorder is coming out in early June, so if you really want to see the movie, you won't have to wait too long. But I was hoping to do my post today on the movie. I guess I'll have to write up that post and stick it in the draft queue to show up when the new DVD comes out.

It also turns out that this past weekend was John Gavin's birthday, and he's in the cast of Midnight Lace. Still alive too, having just turned 86. And married for over 40 years to Constance Towers.

No comments: