Saturday, March 26, 2011

Joan Crawford tonight



Tonight's TCM Essential is Mildred Pierce, airing at 8:00 PM ET. Now, it's a movie that I've recommended before, and pointed out a number of times. But I note that I haven't posted a good photo of Mildred together with daughter from hell Veda (Ann Blyth), so here they are. (The one I've posted with the two of them together with the Eve Arden character isn't so good.) Now I suppose it's off to find a good photo of Crawford and Zachary Scott.

Mildred Pierce is a good reason for TCM to bring us a night of Crawford's post-MGM work. It's followed at 10:00 PM by Daisy Kenyon, a relatively dull picture that has Crawford choosing between the two men in her life, Dana Andrews and Henry Fonda, neither of whom is worth picking if you ask me.
That's followed at midnight by the gangster movie This Woman Is Dangerous;
At 2:00 AM is a romance, Goodbye, My Fancy; and
The night concludes wiht another noir-type film, The Damned Don't Cry, at 4:00 AM.

I wish they were showing Flamingo Road. Oh well.

No comments: