Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Paul Stewart, 1908-1986

Today marks the birth anniversary of supporting actor Paul Stewart, who is pictured here with Kirk Douglas in one breakout movies for both of them, Champion. Kirk Douglas, on the right, plays the boxer who steps on everybody on his way to the top and then finds out life at the top isn't all it's cracked up to be. Stewart, on the left, plays Douglas' manager. I don't think I've ever blogged about Champion before; however, it says something about Paul Stewart's career that there are quite a few of his other movies that I have blogged about, including another one starring Kirk Douglas, The Bad and the Beautiful. Oh, and there's a third, Top Secret Affair.

The Bad and the Beautiful came out in 1952, along with two others with Stewart about which I've blogged, Deadline USA and We're Not Married. And to continue with the connectoins, We're Not Married is one of those movies where I don't really remember Stewart's presence, something that's true of a few other films I've blogged about; The Cobweb and A Child Is Waiitng. What a broad career.

No comments: