Thursday, November 1, 2012

Shorts are back

I was looking at the TCM online schedule this morning to see if there was anything worth blogging about even though I still think I've got one pre-written post from before the hurricane set to show up. What I noticed is that the shorts are now being listed on the schedule again. I'm fairly certain that just started today, since I don't remember any shorts being listed yesterday.

Probably the most interesting of today's shorts would be overnight, just after The Taking of Pelham One, Two, Three (which begins at 3:30 AM; the short is around 5:15 AM). That short is HMS Bounty Sails Again! which was made for the 1962 version of Mutiny on the Bounty. As I mentioned yesterday, the ship sank while trying to go around Hurricane Sandy. I'm not certain whether this was added at the last minute as a tribute, or whether it's serendipitous scheduling. Probably the former, although I can't help but think of something like All Eyes on Sharon Tate when I see them coming up with a tribute like this.

No comments: