Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Robert Ryan, Class of 1932

Last summer, my college's (Dartmouth) alumni magazine had an article on Robert Ryan, who apparently was a member of the class of 1932. That's something I didn't know. The article was reasonably interesting, although for people who have seen a lot of classic film, there's not a whole lot that's new. At least, not about the movies he made. The article wasn't online with the print issue arrived in the mail last summer, and I never got around to linking to it once the issue was put online. I figure that with Odds Against Tomorrow having aired overnight, now would be a good time to link it, as you can see above. Oddly enough, the writer, Boston Globe film critic Ty Burr, did not include Odds Against Tomorrow in his list of ten Ryan films to see.

There are several reasonably well-known (at least to those of us who watch lots of classic cinema) people who went to Dartmouth and wound up becoming mildly prominent names in Hollywood. One of these days, I ought to start writing posts about them for days when I have nothing else to write about.

No comments: