Saturday, November 12, 2016

Robert Vaughn, 1932-2016

I suppose I should mention the death of actor Robert Vaughn, who died yesterday aged 83. A lot of the obituaries are mentioning the TV show The Man from U.N.C.L.E., but he also made a fair number of movies. Looking at the recent (well, 2009) picture of him at the top of his Wikipedia page, it's easy to see the resemblance to the character he played in Bullitt 40 years earlier.

Vaughn was also the last of the Magnificent Seven, I believe. That movie is going to be on the regular Starz channel several times on Wednesday.

Several of the UNCLE episodes were stitched together to turn into movies, and Vaughn also made a cameo as Napoleon Solo in The Glass Bottom Boat. I've also got S.O.B. on my DVR, and haven't gotten around to watching it yet.

No comments: